My name is Charlotte. This is a soon-to-be personal website with a diary and other things that I find interesting. Feel free to poke around, I will be adding more soon! I'm learning as I go with this process.
Some notes on online security.
A general rule of thumb is that you are never anonymous online. More accurately, you can be pseudonymous, meaning you can mask yourself, but with enough digging and investigation, your real identity can be uncovered. The internet was not created with security measures in mind, thus it is your resposiblity to guard your data from those with malicious intent. My general saying is that they (online services and companies) will only have the information that you give them. In other words, be careful what you post online, because you can never take it back.
- Phone calls are not secure. Avoid giving sensitive information such as your credit card number or social security number over the phone.
- Use a hard-to-guess passphrase on your phone rather than facial recognition or fingerprint. In the United States, police can force you to open your phone using biometrics as they do not need a subpoena, unlike with a passphase.
- Use cash and giftcards for your purchases. This helps lessen the risk of your card information stolen and is anonymous.
- "Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything good in this world." -Hellen Keller
- "What to know about pain is how little we do to deserve it, how simple it is to give, how hard to lose." -Frederick Busch
- "Love is a behavior, as we understand it, not an emotion or a platitude." -Unknown
- "Man is in love and loves what vanishes, what more is there to say?" -William Butler Yeats